With ASAP Passport, users have multiple options for syncing their data from a handheld mobile barcode scanner to a master database. Scanners can be hard docked for syncing at a desktop USB docking station that is connected to a host PC. Or, with the addition of the Wireless Sync feature, users can sync without having to physically dock their mobile scanner.
Sync Data Using a USB Dock Station
Sync your data from mobile barcode scanners using a USB docking station and your intranet for closed network security, a virtual private network (VPN) to extend your private network and the data contained in the network across public networks like the Internet, or via the Web through an open DB Port.
Sync Data Using Wi–Fi
Sync your data using an 802.11 Wi-Fi wireless network.
Sync Data Using a Mobile Network
Sync your data using a mobile network. Currently, users can sync using the AT&T and Verizon networks.
- Save downtime and travel time by syncing wirelessly
- Synchronize mobile transactions with the system wherever the transactions occur
- Enable offsite and remote system use
- Bi-directional syncing allows the mobile device to keep data current
- Automatic updates for the latest data collection field name structures