With Passport, users have multiple options for live data synchronization from a mobile barcode scanner to a master database. A scanner can be hard docked for realtime synchronization at a desktop USB docking station that is connected to a host PC. Otherwise, with the addition of the Wireless Synchronization feature, users can sync in real time without having to physically dock their mobile scanner.
Sync Data Using a USB Dock Station
Real time data synchronization from mobile barcode scanners using a USB docking station and your intranet for closed network security, a virtual private network (VPN) and the data contained in the network or across public networks like the Internet, or via the Web through an open DB Port.
Sync Data Using Wi–Fi
Data synchronization in real time using an 802.11 Wi-Fi wireless network.
Sync Data Using a Mobile Network
Data synchronization using a wireless, mobile network. Currently, users can sync using the AT&T and Verizon networks.
Realtime Wireless Synchronization Capabilities
- Save downtime and travel time with wireless synchronization
- Synchronize mobile transactions with the system wherever the transactions occur
- Enable offsite and remote system use
- Bi-directional synchronization allows the mobile device to keep data updated in real time.
- Automatic updates for the latest data collection field name structures